Thursday, September 25, 2014
Reflection of a year ago
As I sit here thinking about where I was 1 year ago I can't believe how much our lives have changed for the better! I was sitting in a hospital room in Denver wondering what God had in store for me, when would my baby be born? What gender? Would it be healthy? It was a challenging experience not knowing why my body was not producing enough amniotic fluid and doing all the doctors could to keep the baby inside me for as long as possible. Almost 2 weeks later I was preparing for a scheduled C-section at 34 weeks, full of anxiety of what was to come. I can remember losing feeling in my body and anticipating the arrival of our baby....GIRL!! She is truly a miracle baby.
The next day and a half were dreading because we weren't allowed to hold our beautiful baby girl because she was in a incubator and on a c-pak to assist her in breathing. It was the most amazing feeling holding her for the very 1st time and getting to know her. She was in the level 1 NICU for a couple of days before she gained enough strength to be moved to level 2/3 NICU.
Every day she hit a new milestone, eating out of a bottle, nursing, no oxygen, maintaining her temperature and finally got to go home a little over 2 weeks later. She came home on oxygen because of the difference in elevation.
She has brought so much joy and love into our family and we love to watch her learn and grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment